In the process of life in humans, often appear a variety of foot deformities. Usually we used to see gout – the projecting bone of the thumb but not the least gout threat and one deformation – valgus foot. To ignore it is problematic if the valgus is not innate, and was acquired at a Mature age. However, hallux valgus patients threatened with development of serious pathology, so it is best to diagnose as early as possible and immediately begin treatment.
Hallux valgus flat foot is one of the most frequent pathologies encountered in orthopedics. She resists varus deformity when the foot is twisted outwards. These defects of the foot provoke the characteristic x-shaped or o-shaped limbs.
The reason is that valgus is widespread among children and among adults. Is a leader in deformities of the feet which is not only a cosmetic defect. Valgus soles can have serious consequences for the patient suffering from such a deviation. In adults, except for valgus limb, usually curved and big toe. He tilted to the side, and the bone sticks out sharply. In addition, PLANO - valgus installation stop combined with the following:
Planovalgus foot is predominantly found in women over thirty years. This feature stems from the fact that in women the ligaments in the joints are weaker than men, so their soles are more prone to various deformations. An additional factor is the appearance of valgus and wearing high heel shoes.
HELP. The development of the disease is slow, so it is very difficult to say when it appeared the disease and what cause it was due.
Hallux valgus in adults occurs for the following reasons:
In addition to these reasons, directly leading to the development of valgus of the foot, predisposing factors and neuromuscular disease. These include gout, rheumatoid arthritis, down syndrome, paralysis. It is also worth noting that the valgus setting a stop can be a professional defect. Him prone athletes, models, dancers. In recent years, doctors began to register valgus in elderly people.
Valgus deformity of the feet at the initial stage of disease patients may not egritudo because they do not look to the foot and do not know what can happen. Notice the change already at a late stage, when the arch of the foot becomes visually complanatis.
The appearance of "bones" is a characteristic sign of hallux valgus
In the transition of disease in the progressive stage to notice the defect becomes easier. Valguse if you experience the following symptoms:
IMPORTANT! The disease progresses slowly, so patients do not apply for help at the right time. Even the soreness in the legs is written off to fatigue, although this is a clear sign of the appearance of deformity.</ blockquote >
If not timely to go to the clinic, Hallux valgus curvature to face not only pain, but also the emergence of serious pathologies:
- progression of inflammation of the synovial bags, and by moving it to the purulent stage;
- penetration of infection in the area that is deformed, and the developments in the inflammatory process;
- even greater bending of the legs, which can lead to loss of functionality of the lower extremity.
Hallux valgus can have several degrees of severity, which determine further tactics of treatment. At the first degree of the angle of curvature is 15 degrees. This pathology is not considered a complicated therapy, so these types of deformity can be treated conservatively. The primary care of patients of different exercises of physical therapy, gymnastics, hardening, physical therapy. Shown wearing orthopedic shoes.
Second degree strain – a curvature from fifteen to thirty-five degrees. Here we propose a more complex treatment, as the pathology has affected the circulation, disturbed metabolism, as well as a persistent pain syndrome. Treatment involves therapy, physiotherapy, well as the use of drugs (predominantly symptomatic drugs). If it is impossible to achieve positive dynamics recommended surgical treatment.
A third degree of development of pathology – a curvature of more than thirty-five degrees. In this form of the disease, surgery is indicated. If time does not resort to surgery, the disease can cause serious functional impairment in the limbs.
To diagnose the disease should go to a clinic and go through a few studies:
- radiography is most informative and the most budget form of study, where you can see the position of the bone elements that form the arch of the foot. In the picture in different projections doctors will receive a very informative picture and we can already diagnose varus deformity;
- ultrasound – this type of diagnostics is primarily prescribed for the assessment of the soft tissues that are also affected when the curvature of the foot;
- podometry – a special kind of diagnosis where the patient is getting feet on the glass surface and the computer processes the prints the soles of his feet. This type of diagnostics is the most accurate method to describe the parameters of the disease and diagnosing it at an early stage;
- CT scan – usually for the diagnosis of valgus is rare, but used when needed to differentiate one disease from another, if the symptoms are similar (gout, osteoarthritis deformans).
Early detection treatment of hallux valgus possible conservative methods. In addition to the special shoes, orthopedics requires the active use of physiotherapy. Exercises aimed at formation of correct arch of the foot, strengthening the tendon and ligament, prevention of joint pathologies.
In hallux valgus patients are recommended special exercises with trainers
If conservative treatment of a man accompanied by severe pain and discomfort, doctors recommend him painkillers. At the same time being physiotherapy.
If the disease is neglected and the deformation of the foot has reached the second or third degree, in this case, the patient can help only operation. In the pathology first degree patients spend only the removal of the bumps on the big toe, but the foot doctors don't penetrate. A progressive disease of the second degree requires fixation of the bone elements of special screws, which are installed in the stop. As soon as a patient fails to form the desired curvature of the arch, the patient from foreign designs get rid of.
In the third degree is also a surgical intervention, but the roof doctor has to do with two screws instead of one. After surgery, patients some time not to go. Later, the patients move, not relying on the operated limb. Full load on the foot can be given in about a month.HELP. Full limb will be restored in about a year, but thirty percent of patients relapse. For their prevention it is extremely important to follow all recommendations of the doctor.</ blockquote >
After successful treatment, patients must adhere to preventive measures. Again, it is extremely important to prevent the development of these factors that provoked the hallux valgus foot. For prevention is recommended:
- to wear shoes on a small heel, combining it with wearing comfortable shoes without heels;
- patients are encouraged to walk across the sand pebbles with bare feet – this will help activate blood circulation in the lower extremities;
- regularly recommended a visit to the podiatrist and passing podometre – with timely diagnosis deviation is easier to treat;
- if the doctor recommend insoles, don't forget to use them, they will help properly distribute the load on the foot, and under slight deformation and to cure the disease.
Correction with shoes
If at an early stage early detection of a pathology, in most cases, you can correct it with orthopedic shoes. And patients because of their employment are not configured to surgery and prefer conservative methods of treatment plana curvaturae. If possible, such treatment doctors begin with the selection of the right shoes.
Shoes for people with hallux valgus curvature of the foot has the following characteristics:
- when using it, the load on the foot is distributed evenly;
- aktiviziruyutsya circulation in tarso, the sole;
- with joints relieves fatigue;
- the first finger is fixed in position, that does not go with the arch of the foot to the side.
Special orthotics can help create the right arch of the foot
When choosing orthopedic shoes for patients doctors are guided by the following parameters:
Wearing special shoes can help to eliminate valgus of the foot, however, shoes used quite a long time, so patients should not hope for quick positive dynamics. Hallux valgus in adults is in most cases of acquired pathology. To avoid becoming a victim valgus, it is necessary to observe all measures of prevention, but if the defect is already there, then, all efforts at an early stage, it can be eliminated with conservative methods of treatment.23.08.2018